Doctor insights on:
What Is Normal Range For White Blood Cell Count
4,000 - 10,000: This is somewhat dependent on ethnicity. The normal range for caucasions is 4, 000 - 10, 000/ cubic millimeter. People of color (blacks and asians) tend to have a lower wbc, and their normal may go down to 3, 000. The most prevelent WBC is a neutrophil, and there should be at least 1500 neutrophils for all ethnicities. ...Read more
4-11 thousand: About the same as for an adult: 4-11 thousand per cmm. ...Read more
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
About 4-11: See this site for details. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/complete-blood-count/my00476/dsection=results.Get a more detailed answer ›
My white blood cell count is 3.8 thousand/uL, which is the bottom of the normal range. My age is 68. Should I be concerned about getting a flu shot?
I have a white blood cell count of 3.6, and absolute neutrophil of 1354... All other numbers in bloodwork are in normal range. Any reason for alarm ?
My white blood cell count is 5.9(with normal range of 4 and 11). I used fluticasone propionate inhaler for a month. could this interfere with results?
Unlikely: Considering your results, it's unlikely. But one way to learn more is to look at what's called the differential on that test. It lists a series of white blood cell types, including one called neutrophils. Steroids typically increase this level, so if if you look at your test and see a high neutrophil level, this could be due to the steroids. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- White blood cell count ranges what is normal
- What is the normal white blood cell count range?
- Normal white blood cell count range in adults
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Normal range for white blood cell count in women
- Total white blood cell count normal range
- White blood cell count normal range
- White blood cell count normal range children
- Talk to a hematologist online for free