Doctor insights on:
What Is Normal Fasting Blood Sugar Level
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
Is 5.8 a high fasting blood sugar level? And how come after I eat, an hour later it's 4.0 and I feel a little off/ shakey? Is this normal?
Slightly high: Hi. Yes, your fasting blood sugar is slightly high, but for diagnostics, you can't use finger stick glucose, you use serum glucose (drawn from a vein in your arm). Are you overweight/obese? If fasting serum glucose is 5.8 (or reproducibly above 5.5), you have prediabetes. You may be briskly secreting insulin in response to food intake, giving you your symptoms. Eat healthily and exercise regularly ...Read more
Fasting blood sugar level is 6.3. The 3 month average test is normal. Does this mean I am pre diabetic?
Fasting blood sugar level is 6.3. The 3 month average test is normal. Does this mean I am pre diabetic? And if so is pre diabetic reversable?
No: If interested have GTT done, get C- Peptide checked. ...Read more
What to do if i'm feeling very thirsty and I have checked my fasting blood sugar level which is 98 mg/dl , is it normal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the normal fasting blood sugar level range?
- What is a normal fasting blood sugar level?
- Normal blood sugar level in fasting
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is normal fasting blood sugar?
- Fasting blood sugar levels normal range chart
- Normal fasting blood sugar levels chart
- Normal blood sugar level after fasting
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free