Doctor insights on:
What Is Normal Fasting Blood Sugar
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
My doctor had me take a diabetes test. What's the normal fasting blood sugar when you are pregnant?
Same as nonpregnant: The same as a nonpregnant woman. Less than 100 mg/dl. ...Read more
What are normal variations in fasting blood sugar? My normal is around 85, recent test showed 98. 30yo m
See answer: Fluctuations in blood sugar are quite normal and the rule rather than the exception. Blood sugar values will vary depending on the nutritional content of your diet, the amount of time that has elapsed since your last meal, your level of exercise and activity as well as being potentially influenced by medications and illness and other intangible factors. Your fluctuations are well within normal. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a normal fasting blood sugar?
- What is the normal fasting blood sugar range for adults?
- What is the normal fasting blood sugar level range?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is normal fasting blood sugar level?
- Normal blood sugar level in fasting
- Normal non fasting blood sugar
- Normal fasting blood sugar in pregnancy
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free