Doctor insights on:
What Is Normal Blood Pressure For Women Over 60
Blood pressure: 100-140 over 70-90.Get a more detailed answer ›
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Lower is better: With aging the elasticity of arteries (as all tissues) decreases resulting in a tendency to higher blood pressures. This is not desirable and higher pressures are not acceptable. It is still best if the blood pressure can be kept to 120/80 or even less. Until symptomatic, lower blood pressure usually is better. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
<135/<85: As noted.Get a more detailed answer ›
Range: 90-110/60-70 would be considered ideal.Get a more detailed answer ›
It varies: Blood pressure goals vary from one patient to the other depending whether they have heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease, etc. recent recommendation for the treatment of hypertension have been more lenient. For patient over the age of 60 without other medical problems, blood pressure medication is initiated once the BP is over 150/90. anything below is acceptable as long as it is not too low ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Bp: 90-140/60-90 ranges.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is normal blood pressure for women over 40?
- What is the normal blood pressure for women over 50?
- Normal blood pressure for women over 60
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a normal blood pressure range for women?
- What is a good blood pressure for women over 40?
- What is the normal range for blood pressure in women?
- What is a normal blood pressure for women?
- Talk to a cardiologist online