Doctor insights on:
What Is Normal Blood Pressure For A Teenager
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
<135/<85: As noted.Get a more detailed answer ›
Range: 90-110/60-70 would be considered ideal.Get a more detailed answer ›
It varies: Blood pressure goals vary from one patient to the other depending whether they have heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease, etc. recent recommendation for the treatment of hypertension have been more lenient. For patient over the age of 60 without other medical problems, blood pressure medication is initiated once the BP is over 150/90. anything below is acceptable as long as it is not too low ...Read more
120/80: Normal NORMAL blood pressure is 120/80. As we age, both numbers can drift up, so 130/80 wouldn't be too worrisome although lower is better. If your bottom number is going up (90 or more) then you are starting to show some sign your body is reacting to a higher than normal blood pressure, and it is time to ask about how to prevent its going even higher. See your provider. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the normal blood pressure for a teenager?
- What is a normal blood pressure and pulse for some one 80?
- What is a normal range for blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a normal blood pressure for a pregnant woman?
- What is a normal blood pressure for women?
- What is the blood pressure for a normal person?
- What is a normal blood pressure for a woman?
- Talk to a pediatrician online