Doctor insights on:
What Is Nitrofurantoin Mono Used For
Nitrofurantoin is an antibiotic which is marketed under the following brand names; niftran, furadantin, furabid, macrobid, macrodantin, nitrofur mac, nitro macro, nifty-sr, martifur-mr, uro-tablinen or nifuretten (in germany), martifur-100 (in india), urantoin, nifuran (in macedonia) and uvamin (in middle east). It is usually used in treating urinary tract infection. It is often ...Read more
Can but with care: You may take with the food and it can be mixed with the food but it can be very bad tasting so need to be careful. Capsules are easy to swallow usually if you put the capsules in and fill your mouth with water and then tip your chin down and swallow and the capsules float to the back and go down easily. I hope this helps and eat plenty with the medicine if you empty the capsule. ...Read more
Usually clear fast: Urinary tract infections are usually cleared quickly and completely with appropriate antibiotics. Symptoms generally subside within a day or two, and complete cure occurs within 5-10 days. It is important to complete the entire course of medication prescribed by your physician, even if you are feeling better, to ensure that the infection is completely gone. ...Read more
Yellower urine: Yes or even light orange.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is nitrofurantoin macro used for?
- What is nitrofurantoin used for?
- What is amox clav 875 mg used for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is desonide cream used for?
- What is the ana ifa screen with refl titer ana screen ifa used for?
- Paronychia what is the antibiotic most often used for treatment
- What is lidocaine ointment usp 5 used for?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free