Doctor insights on:
What Is My Chance For Getting Toxoplasmosis From Kittens
Possible: Kittens may become infected from eating raw meat, catching rodents, etc. It is less likely than getting it from a mature animal, but possible. ...Read more
Can you get toxoplasmosis from cleaning out cat litter trays and can it cause you to have mental health problems, as some reports are claiming?
Yes you can: Toxoplasmosis can be transmitted via cat feces, and from undercooked, exposed meat. The parasite can be carried as a cyst within the brain. It can induce the enzyme tyrosine hydroxylase necessary to make the neurotransmitter dopamine. Elevations in Dopamine may be associated with psychotic symptoms -- but toxoplasmosis is not the source of all psychosis. http://tinyurl.com/cftsn7. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Toxoplasmosis: Theoretically yes. Although you can't "catch" toxoplasmosis from an infected child or adult, you can become infected if you come into contact with cat feces that contain the parasite. You may accidentally ingest the parasites if you touch your mouth after gardening, cleaning a litter box or touching anything that has come in contact with infected cat feces. ...Read more
If i have a cat in the house, should i take the toxoplasmosis test before deciding to get pregnant?
Hello i have an indoor cat, should i take a toxoplasmosis test before deciding to get pregnant? Bcz a doc told m i shld b pg to take it
Follow your Docs adv: Follow your doctor's advice. It is not customary to test all women who own an indoor cat before they become pregnant. You did not indicate you have any reason to believe you currently have an infection. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxoplasmosis/gen_info/pregnant.html ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
.2-1% per year: The chance of a women getting Toxoplasmosis during Pregnancy in the USA is estimated to be between 0.2% and 1%. Risks are increased by new exposure to cat feces, gardening and certain meats. If you are a cat lover, chances are you already have it. Its only worrisome if you acquire it the first time during pregnancy or if you are immune suppressed from HIV or an organ transplant. Bests wishes! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are my chances of getting hiv from performing oral sex on a guy with it?
- What is the chance of me getting pregnant two days after my period?
- My mother has an aortic aneurysm what is the chance that i will also get this
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the chance of getting hiv from a woman?
- What are my chances of getting pneumonia or bronchitis from a seasonal flu?
- My wife is having pain coming from the adomin what can she take for the pain
- Is it normal for my baby to get sick from other kids in daycare?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online