Doctor insights on:
What Is Mupirocin Ointment Used For
Short term use: I generally recommend Mupirocin for mild, superficial infections that don't warrant the use of systemic antibiotics. I will also use it in the nostrils to reduce carriage of methicillin-resistant staph aureus (mrsa). There may be some other cases where i would consider Mupirocin but i would have to think about that one. ...Read more
See below: Bacterial infection of the skin.Get a more detailed answer ›
Bacteria vs virus: Very good question. Mupirocin (bactroban) is an antibiotic that is often used for bacterial based skin infections like impetigo. Shingles is caused by a virus, herpes zoster, and requires antiviral medications. Having said that, if you picked at your lesions they may have an additional bacterial component to them which umpired in might help. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Mupirocin ointment used for
- Mupirocin ointment used to treat
- Mupirocin ointment used after circumcision
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can mupirocin ointment be used for vaginal irritation?
- What is mupirocin ointment typically prescribed for?
- What is fucidin ointment used for?
- What is clobetasol ointment used for?
- Talk to a dermatologist online