Doctor insights on:
What Is Micturital Syncope
Broad question: There are volumes of books and week long seminars on the topic. Common causes are orthostatic hypo tension where BP drops when standing too quikly, heart block that may need a pace maker, structual heart disease such as hocm and as, etc. You need a full history and physical, ecg, labs echo, holter to start. ...Read more
Depends on cause: Syncope can be due to a simple faint (like having blood drawn) or it can be due to serious heart disease with dangerous arrhythmias. The causes are legion. Some don't involve the heart at all like low blood sugar or epilepsy. You should discuss your syncope with someone who knows your full medical history to see if additional testing is necessary. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Multiple: Syncope (fainting) is a relatively common occurence, particularly in teens and pre-teens. Ultimately it is due to low blood pressure to the brain, but has many triggers (standing too long, getting up quickly, sight of blood, sudden trauma, etc). Kids who faint should be evaluated, but the cure is usually increased fluid and sodium intake. In some, medications may be used to help. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Passing out is common and common causes are emotion, dehydration, medications. Depending on age abnormalities of heart rhythm become more prevalent. Rare entities such as cardiomyopathy are possible in younger patients. If first episode and there is a clear precipitant it is probably not necessary to see doc. If this is recurrent or there is no clear explanation see doc soon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is vasovagal syncope caused by?
- What is vasovagal syncope?
- What is cure for cough syncope?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do you recommend for vasovagal syncope?
- What are the causes of syncope dizziness mild mental confusion?
- What is vasovagal syncope and when does it happen?
- What can i do for my vasovagal syncope without going to a doctor?
- Talk to a cardiologist online