Doctor insights on:
What Is Micro Valve Prolapse
A valve is a structure that regulates the direction of flow. The heart is a special kind of pump. It moves blood by squeezing and relaxing. There are 4 chambers and each chamber has a valve. This keeps blood from moving backwards when the heart squeezes. When a chamber squeezes it lets the blood move forward but when the chamber is relaxed it prevents the blood from ...Read more
When lying down, feel pressure in top of head. Also have strong heartbeat. EKG is clear except mild micro valve prolapse. I also have anxiety. ?
Mitral valve prolaps: Mitral valve prolapse refers to a condition where the mitral valve leaflets (1 out of 4 valves in our heart) is mxyomatous, redundant and "billows" back, if you will, like a parachute into the left atrium during normal mitral valve closure. Because of its overdiagnosis in years past, the American society of Echocardiography, has come up with strict echo criteria for it. Check with your MD. ...Read more
Monitor & Follow-Up: Mitral valve prolapse is quite common and often benign. Some people can have symptoms like brief chest pains or palpitations. In a small number of people, the valve can leak called "regurgitation" and so it is important to follow-up with your cardiologist to monitor for this. ...Read more
Maybe none: Av prolapse results in aortic regurgitation. Even if it's severe, it may take decades before symtpoms occur, if ever. Symptoms when present may be breathlessness with less than usual activity, anginal type chest pain, or spells of passing out/nearly passing out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is micro prolapse?
- Mitral valve prolapse question what is the long term changes that will happen
- What is the difference between mitral regugitation and mitral valve prolapse?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between hemorrhoids and rectal prolapse?
- What is trileaflet aortic valve?
- What is sticky heart valve?
- What is the significance of a sticky heart valve?
- What is mild mitral valve prolapse and associated moderate mitral insufficiency?