Doctor insights on:
What Is Lyme Disease In Humans
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
No: The only vaccine that was available was withdrawn from the market years ago. ...Read more
May be related to it: It could be related to your inflamation - especially any vascular issues. This will depend on the manfestations that you are having. You can discuss that with your physician. ...Read more
Bite of infected tic: Lime disease is spread by ticks that have acquired the germ in the past and it stays in their system. A tick bite from another of the same species without the ld germ will not do it. The tick must get on your body, settle in for a feeding & feed long enough to pass the germ to you (hours). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: Lyme disease is caused by a bacteria called borrelia burgdorferi, named after the scientist willy burgdorfer who discovered the bacterial pathogen - a spirochete (spiral appearing bacteria). It is transmitted by tick saliva but primarily only after being embedded for at least 48 hours. It causes disease by infecting many types of cells and destroying their function. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Stages of lyme disease in humans
- Lyme disease treatment for humans
- How to treat lyme disease in humans?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is herxing with lyme disease?
- What is the vector of lyme disease?
- What is a reservoir for lyme disease?
- What not to eat with lyme disease?
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free