Doctor insights on:
What Is Keratosis Pilaris Caused By
Genetic condition: Keratosis pilaris (follicular keratosis) is a common, genetic follicular condition that causes rough bumps on the skin. It most often appears on the back and outer sides of the upper arms (lower arms can also be affected); also occur on the thighs, hands, and tops of legs, flanks, buttocks, or any body part except the palms or soles of feet. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Keratosis pilaris is a very common skin condition that affects about 40% of people. It shows up as scaly little bumps around follicles, usually on the backs of the arms. It can also be seen on the tops of the thighs and butt. It usually shows up in the teenage years and gets better with time. In kids, it also is sometimes on the face, but that usually ...Read more
What causes keratosis pilaris? I have bumps on my skin that seem to pop up whenever I eat too much sugar,fried food, meat or wheat ? Is it an allergy?
Probably: Keratosis pilaris is a very vexing problem that we do not have great answers for. However, many patients note large fluctuations of their kp during pregnancy, and some have found that it is better or worsens after starting and oral contraceptive pill. So probably there is some relationship between hormones and kp, though I am not totally sure how they are connected. ...Read more
Since keratosis pilaris is caused by a vitamin a deficiency, would eating food with vitamin a clear it?
Does skin bleaching agents work to get rid of redness on cheeks caused by keratosis Pilaris, finances got rid of bumps but not redness?
Leave it alone: There's nothing to gain and she runs the risk of disfiguring herself. A cosmetician may be able to offer advice, but don't try to alter the skin directly. You have one another and that's what matters. Often KP remits on its own; until then, nothing really works that well. She's free to try a preparation with lactic or salicylic acid. Best wishes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is pilaris keratosis caused by thyroid issues?
- What is pulsatile tinnitus caused by a bruit in the carotid systems?
- What is pulmonary hemorrhage in adults caused by lung cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the cause of gassy stomach followed by pain under breastbone?
- What is the best way to treat dizziness caused by tmj?
- What is the best way to get rid of the dark skin caused by lichen amyloidosis?
- What is pityriasis rosea caused by?
- Talk to a dermatologist online