Doctor insights on:
What Is Joint Stiffness
Joint stiffness: These symptoms are common with infections/ inflammation. Viral/ bacterial/rickettsial/ parasites can cause these symptoms. Viral illnesses are the most common etiology. Other causes may include rheumatological causes/auto-immune diseases, inflammation following infections but are less common. ...Read more
Lots of things!: The most common reason for knee stiffness and pain is arthritis. Treatment can be nsaids/tylenol, physical therapy, ice, non impact aerobic exercise, injections, braces, arthroscopy (if mechanical symptoms are present), and finally knee replacement. An orthopaedic surgeon can help diagnose your reason for knee stiffness and pain. ...Read more
Very few.: As many people feel stiffness, as feel pain, when their arthritis begins.Tight muscles is simple answer, but not the answer most often. Hypothyroidism can make you feel stiff. I feel stiif, but with some soreness after too vigorous exercise. Age stiffens us all, because or collagen fibers crosslink with ageing. If anti-inflammatory drugs help your stiffness (aleve (naproxen) or motrin), you have arthritis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Standards: These are the standards: http://usmilitary.About.Com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/intmedstandards.Htm.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for joint pain or stiffness?
- What are the common causes of hand joint pain and stiffness?
- What causes pain and stiffness in the finger joints?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- The best diet for joint stiffness
- Joint stiffness depakote
- Postpartum joint stiffness
- Pip joint stiffness
- What is morning joint stiffness?