Doctor insights on:
What Is Involved In Rehab For A Broken Toe
Maybe not much!: Depending on the toe, pehaps not much for rehab. If it is a 5th toe you would ususally not do much. If it is a great toe or a middle toe, maybe! this would depend on what the therapy was for. Is it postoperative after wires or plates or screws? Usually a broken toe is splinted and when healed, you are done. There may be instances where restoration of motion would be more important & need pt. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ice,rest,: Broken toe can be painful, i hope you hade xrays and it showed the break.It is treated by spliniting it to the next toe and heals pretty fast if the break is simple and there is no diplacement , if displaced see orthpedic take some pain pills and put ice on it and avoid putting pressure on it, you can wear sneakers with padding to avoid contact and pressure if not xrayed get it done. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Toe fractures: Toe fractures usually do not need crutches if the fracture is non displaced. However, if the fracture is displaced and an implant is used to fix the fracture, there may be need to be off weight bearing using a roller device or crutches. Discuss with your Podiatrist who will explain to you if you need crutches. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What muscles would be involved in walking on the toes?
- What is the rehab protocol for a broken shoulder?
- What is the treatment for a broken toe?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of a broken toe?
- What to do about broken toes?
- What do i do for a broken toe?
- What to do for broken pinky toe?
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free