Doctor insights on:
What Is Intermittent Torticollis And Will It Ever Go Away
Twist of neck: Torticollis is the name we give to anyone with a twist in the neck, for whatever reason. It is a symptom -- not a disease itself. I have not heard the name intermittent torticollis, but I have heard of benign paroxysmal torticollis, which i suspect is the same thing. Here, the tilting tends to come in episodes caused by muscles spasms -- and is usually painful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on the : Cause- from several days to weeks for most conditions. If it persists or worsens, see your doctor. ...Read more
Surg RARELY Needed: Most patients with torticollis will respond to physical therapy. Rarely surgery is required - particularly if the torticollis is allowed to persist for an extended period of time. The surgical interventions are quite invasive and should be only used when absolutely necessary. ...Read more
What do you suggest if my infant son was diagnosed with congenital torticollis and I think something more serious may be going on?
Second opinion: If you are concerned the first doc has missed something, schedule a second opinion somewhere else. ...Read more
My 4w newborn HATES tummy time. She can't go beyond 5 minutes without crying uncontrollably. I don't know what to do. I think she torticollis.
Not Unusual: Many newborns don't like tummy time until they're able to move around and even turn over. It's not critically important now Torticollis is a neck muscle stiffness that responds to physical therapy. If you feel your child has a head tilt or can't move the neck freely, see your doctor soon. the sooner it's recognized the faster it responds ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: Spasmodic torticollis (cervical dystonia) is a neurological condition which causes involuntary muscle spasms in the neck. The causes include disorders of the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) and also the peripheral nervous system usually secondary to some type of nerve injury in the neck. The gold standard of treatment for torticollis are botulism toxin injections into the muscles. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain plus: In addition to neck pain from continuous spasm, scarring and deformity of the muscles the spine may develop osteophytes (bone spurs) and disc degeneration. This in turn can cause nerve root pain. Difficulty swallowing and sometimes breathing occur in severe cases. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have white bump on my inner lips what is it and will it go away by itself
- My doctors says i have cough syncope what is this and will it go away
- I have this huge bump on my eyes what is it and will it go away by itself
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have had a headache for 5 days and no matter what i do or take it wont go away
- What is an astigmatism and will i eventually need glasses if it is just mild?
- My lung feels really heavy for some reason is this normal will it go away
- Why and what is this trembling of one of my legs it comes and goes?
- Talk to a pediatrician online