Doctor insights on:
What Is In Propoxyphene Nap Apap
Treat pain: but propoxyphene (or Darvon) is no longer available in the US. This product, which is chemically quite close to methadone, was felt by many authorities to be an expensive and potentially dangerous placebo, and many studies of darvon failed to show any real analgesic effect outside of the apap (tylenol) part. The n is the salt form -napsylate (instead of hydrochloride). Was taken off market in 90s ...Read more
Off the market: Darvocet has been taken off the market. ...Read more
Pain: Propoxyphene is the chemical in an old pain medication called Darvocet. It is no longer on the market due to fatal side effects, and the pills you might have found are too old and dangerous to take. Do not flush into public water supply, empty bottle into trash or take to pharmacy for disposal. ...Read more
Darvon: Propoxyphene is a synthetic "opioid, " a drug which acts at the same receptors as opium and its derivatives. It is closely related to methadone. The trade name in the us was darvon, and it commonly came together with tylenol as darvocet. It was taken off the market in the us in 2000, because it was not very effective as a pain reliever and could cause cardiac problems. It is still sold elsewhere. ...Read more
It is long acting: and if you were taking it regularly, it's metabolites could be detected in urine for weeks, which is what I assume you are really asking. Not sure how you are taking it, since it has been banned in the US for about 10 years. Depending on what test is used, it may not show up, since it is chemically different than usual opiates like oxycodone and hydrocodone. If they do GC/MS it will show up. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is nvp in tests?
- Sudden sharp stabbing pain in eye for no reason left eye what is this
- What is a hard cyst bump in labia minora?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the brown discharge in my underwear?
- What is the most likely reason for clicking in my throat when i swallow?
- What is the cause of a large hard lump in my calf muscle?
- Pain on right side in hip area what organ is there
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free