Doctor insights on:
What Is In Drops For Dry Eyes Cant I Just Use Visine
No: Visine is not ideal for chronic use as it contains drugs which constrict the blood vessels on the surface of the eye. Using this drug frequently can cause problems. It is safer to use lubricating drops (artifical tears) which contain no medication. See your eye doctor for other options. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Lubricating drops: There are several causes of dry eye and just as many treatments. A good place to start is to use a good lubricating drop. I recommend systane balance. This is an over the counter lubricating drop and is very effective. There are also prescription drops such as restasis, but this is a medication that requires a prescription from your eye doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Many options: Be sure you are not using a drop labeled "gets the red out" as these are drying. You need a lubricating or tear replacement drop. Good ones for more persistent eye dryness are systane, refresh and theragel but there are many others. Has an ophthalmologist made this diagnosis? ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What to do if I have itchy and dry eyes. I use pataday and I used visine and systane and warm compresses.?
Allergies: There are many causes of itching, as well as symptoms of dryness. It's important to have a thorough evaluation by your eye doctor to determine the cause (i.e., blepharitis, dry eyes, or allergies) to see what is causing your symptoms. This will determine the proper treatment. Some chronic severe symptoms may require treatment with prescription medicines. ...Read more
Was getting pain in eyes from eye drops for dry eyes and I have stopped taking them for 2 days but I am still getting pain, could it be something else?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Dealing with dry irritated eyes are visine drops recommended or not
- What is in visine eye drops?
- Can i use contact lens solution instead of those costly drops for dry eyes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What eye drops are good for relieving dry eyes?
- My eyes feel really dry and irritated what drops or treatment do i need
- Should i use eye drops if my eyes itch
- What eye drops can i use for pink eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free