Doctor insights on:
What Is In A Fleet Enema That Makes It Work So Well
Fecal disimpaction: Enema liquids are widely varied: fleets is a brand of a chemical called phosphosoda or sodium phosphate. Coffee, soap suds, tap water, glycerin, gastrograffin as well as other more rare liquids have been used. They all work by stimulating bowel contraction by stretching the colon, and softening the stool by adding water. Safest would be to just use tap water, 500-1000ml for up to 3 days. ...Read more
Enema: Sometimes an enema will work right away, sometimes it takes an hour or two. Depending on the age of the child you may want to use something by mouth instead. If the child holds his poop and you put something in his bottom he may feel punished and continue to hold in the future. Clean out, followed by daily stool softener, and consistent toileting time is often a better option. ...Read more
I have been really constipated for almost a week so I did fleet Enema. It worked great but I feel I may have squeezed it in too forcefully. ??
Constipation causes: Most cases of constipation are secondary to the diet. I noticed that you also listed that you also had low thyroid output. Best measure of that is TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone). Don't eat constipating foods for a while( rice, barley, oatmeal) milk, bananas. It should do it. ...Read more
It's been 4days since i've had a bowel, i tried laxatives and there not working, i try to fleet enema and that worked perfect 4 me how often can I use?
See below: Generally they can be used every few days as needed. If the problem persists, see your family doctor. ...Read more
Impaction?: It's possible that you have an impaction so hard and stuck up there that even the Fleet enema did not touch it and therefore the only thing that came back out was the enema itself. Otherwise, I would really expect your stool to be some shade of brown. I am wondering what the consistency of it was? Liquid? You may need to see your doctor for a specialist referral and other advanced options. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a tickle in my throat that makes my eyes twitch and water it gets so bad
- What does it mean if i have protein in my urine is that a serious health issue?
- What is the main problem that makes a person get pcos is it preventable?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I get a metal taste in my mouth when i cough what is it
- So my boyfriend has this big bump its hard what is it could it be a cist
- I chew gum a lot at work is it true that your jaw gets bigger when you chew gum
- What does it mean when blood is found in a pregnant woman urine?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online