Doctor insights on:
What Is Iatrogenic Hyperthyroidism
Hello i've just found out that I have hyperthyroid. I'm really struggling with this it has taking over my everyday life. How do I feel better?
See your doctor: To control hyperthyroidism, you will need help. Usually hyperthyroid patients are given radioactive iodine to destroy part of their thyroid and bring their levels down. If you can't for some reason, there are medications both to temporarily lower thyroid levels and to help with the side effects of high thyroid levels. ...Read more
Questions about exercise regimen. Is there any problems with doing workouts when hypo or hyperthyroid?
Hyperthyroid: Yes, weight loss is very common in folks with over-active thyroid glands. That is usually treated with anti-thyroid medication or radioactive iodine. When you thyroid glands are under control you will stop losing weight. Your anti-thyroid treatment may result in a period of under-active thyroid. Your doctor should be checking up on this early after initial treatment and at longer intervals. ...Read more
Patch testing: You might want to see a dermatologist who can do patch testing to see what you are allergic to. If you shower a lot and use soap all over instead of just on your private parts that may b the reason. Cream moisturizers are better than lotions. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is borderline hyperthyroidism?
- What is the difference between hyperthyroidism and thyrotoxicosis?
- What is worse hypothyroidism hyperthyroidism?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism?
- What is mild hyperthyroidism?
- What is the scientific name for hyperthyroidism?
- What is good to eat when you have hyperthyroidism?
- What is iatrogenic hypothyroidism?