Doctor insights on:
What Is Heart Failure
Heart failure is a complex set of conditions in which the heart "fails" to pump a normal amount of blood with each beat. This can be due to poor squeezing function (systolic heart failure) and/or a stiff heart incapable of filling normally (diastolic heart failure). Common symptoms include swelling and trouble breathing, particularly when ...Read more
Heart failure: In a healthy heart, during each heartbeat a set amount of blood enters the heart and is pumped out again. In heart failure, your heart cannot cope with pumping the full amount of blood in each heartbeat. Systolic heart failure- the ventricles of the heart do not contract properly during each heartbeat so blood is not adequately pumped out of the heart.Diastolic heart failure. This occurs when the ventricle does not fill up with blood enough ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Program: Heart failure rehabilitation is a program that is called to retrain a failed heart muscle in order to regain some of its basic functions - contractility, relaxation etc. It usually includes certain cardiovascular and other types of exercises in graduated fashion to help the heart muscle build up its strength. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What to do if my family friends son who had leukemia is starting to have heart failure. what happens with heart failure?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a heart failure?
- What is congestive heart failure and what causes it?
- What are the treatments for congestive heart failure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are signs of congestive heart failure?
- What is congestive heart failure and what are the symptoms?
- What are some of the symptoms of heart failure?
- What is the cause of congestive heart failure?
- Talk to a cardiologist online