Doctor insights on:
What Is Good Blood Presure
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Captopril v Capapril: Assuming you mean Captopril, which is one of many ACE inhibitors, then yes, it's good for treating/lowering high blood pressure. However, because it needs to be taken several times a day, we usually prescribe something like Lisinopril instead. The good news is that they're relatively inexpensive, say $4/mo. ACE inhibitors also protect your heart & kidneys if you have heart failure and/or diabetes. ...Read more
Yes but only if . . : We normally state that best blood pressure is the lowest one can tolerate while standing upright w/o feeling faint, weak, dizzy or woozy. Or something like that. In other words, as long as you're asymptomatic (feeling just fine), don't worry about lower numbers. But if numbers are high (greater than 140-150/90) despite being asymptomatic, then we worry about stroke, heart failure & chronic kidney ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the cause of high blood presure?
- What is a normal blood presure reading?
- What cause high blood presure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- High blood presure symptoms
- Normal range of blood presure
- Taking blood presure
- Whats the normal blood presure
- What is a good blood presure for a 66 year old man?