Doctor insights on:
Normal Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
JNC8: According to the Joint National Committee on the Detection, Prevention, and Treatment of Hypertension, published in Circulation in Nov 2013, normal BP for you is ...Read more
130/80: Usually a BP of 130/80 or less is accepted as normal resting pressure. ...Read more
It depends: BP targets are generally set by a national group called the joint national committee, and they are getting ready to release jnc 8, an updated set of guidelines. Currently, they recommend a goal of under 140/90 if treated, except for those with diabetes or kidney disease, when the goal is under 130/80. Untreated BP is ideal at around 120/80, because heart risk goes up over 125/75. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood pressure: Less than 140/90.Get a more detailed answer ›
Has high diastolic blood pressure.Doctor prescribed coaprovel 300/25 mg half tablet a day. What is considered good blood pressure in this case?
<135/<85: Normal BP is <135/<85. For everybody.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a good blood pressure to have?
- What is a good blood pressure range?
- What is a good blood pressure rate?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What's good blood pressure men
- What's good blood pressure level
- What are the good food for high blood pressure?
- What foods are good to reduce high blood pressure?
- Talk to a cardiologist online