Doctor insights on:
What Is Gentamicin Sulfate Ointment Typically Prescribed For
Gentamycin: This is an inexpensive topical skin antibiotic that is used to kill local skin infections. It might especially be used for a bacterial called pseudomonas. Antibiotic pills are often better. If used for staph bacteria, a cream called Mupirocin is a better alternative for many patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: not appropriate treatmentGet a more detailed answer ›
How long do I wait for a chalazion to go away? I'm using prescribed gentamicin sulfate opthalmic solution, and have been doing so for about five days
My cat was prescribed Gentamicin Sulfate Ophthalmic Solution for his eyes. Can you suggest any alternative medicine that can buy over the counter?
No: Gentamicin is an antibiotic. It is only effective against certain types of bacteria. Cold sores are caused by herpes simplex 1 virus. Therefore, an antiviral type of medication is required ie Denavir cream or Valtrex (valacyclovir) tablets. Both require a prescription from your physician or dentist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is mupirocin ointment typically prescribed for?
- Gentamicin sulfate prescribed
- Gentamicin sulfate ointment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Gentamicin sulfate
- What type of pain medication is typically prescribed for arthritis?
- What is permethrin cream prescribed for or what is it typically used for?
- What topical cream or lotion is typically prescribed for shingles?
- Talk to a dermatologist online