Doctor insights on:
What Is Exposed To Mold
Allergy: Fears over "black mold" exposure have made lawyers rich but I do not know a single pathologist who believes there's a real, definable disease from this particular species. However, quite a few people are allergic to spores of molds and bacteria, and these can produce either "hay fever" type problems or a treacherous hypersensitivity pneumonitis. It's best to keep molds under control, but not panic ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mold is also known as fungus or in some cases yeast. Fungal spores are very small and tend to be found in compost, barns/farms, hay, grass and damp basements. Some fungal spores are more likely to be associated with "dry" v. "wet" environments. When inhaled, mold spores can lead to many disorders including asthma, allergic rhinitis, hypersensitivty pneumonitis, ...Read more
Look for "Mildew": Look for areas of water leakage, or poor water drainage, which would promote mold growth. Look for mildew stains and/or a "musty" smell. Clinical symptoms can vary from dizziness, mental "fogginess", upper and lower respiratory symptoms, tiredness, headaches and dizziness. If your suspicions are high you should consider hiring a reputable mold testing specialist and performing remediation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Work Mold Exposure: Molds are ubiquitous in outdoor air and therefore easily get indoors as well. They grow on most organic matter, especially in moist conditions. Allergic workers experiencing respiratory symptoms should identify possible mold sources, request moving to an area away from mold, and consult a physician regarding medications to control allergies. Allergy injections also help keep symptoms in check. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Mold is ubquitous: Mold is also known as fungus or in some cases yeast. Fungal spores are very small and tend to be found in compost, barns/farms, hay, grass and damp basements. Some fungal spores are more likely to be associated with "dry" v. "wet" environments. When inhaled, mold spores can lead to many disorders including asthma, allergic rhinitis, hypersensitivty pneumonitis, and allergic fungal sinusitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Allergy consult: The toxic effects from black moldt exposure are often exaggerated. A certain percentage of people exposed to it may develop asthma, hay fever, sinus infections etc. The best treatment is to move out of the place where the black mold has been found until the problem has been fixed. If problem continues, see an allergist. Do note that not all people become ill after mold exposure. ...Read more
Mold exposure: It would be hard to tell. We have been living in the environment with lots of aero allergens and pathogens and not all of us responds to the exposure the same way. It also depends on the exposure load too. You might not have any problems. You might get sensitized or allergies to the molds, or get an invasive lung infection. If you already have environmental allergies, you should avoid it. ...Read more
Mold exposure: The symptoms vary depending on several factors: if the person is allergic to mold or not, the type of mold and the amount of mold exposed to. Symptoms can vary also from respiratory symptoms to more complex symptoms. This is a vague question to answer. ...Read more
Mold: Mold exposure depends on the duration of exposure, there is no set level that determines a dangerous or hazardous level but chronic exposure can lead to respiratory problems. ...Read more
Is it possible for mold exposure in the home to cause some members to be mildly ill and others to be severly and chronicly ill?
Absolutely: Positively yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Leave the area: First step in treating toxic mold exposure is to leave the affected environment if possible. Then you need to detox from the mycotoxins that make you toxic. If you would like more information please schedule a consult. ...Read more
Could be: It could cause problems depending on many factors. Mold load, sensitivity/allergy to molds, the intact of the immune system all play into its pathology. That means if you are allergic to that particular mold and you expose to them, you can get sick like getting a runny nose or asthma flare. In patients with aids and a weak immune system, exposure to high level of molds can cause invasive infection. ...Read more
Possibly: There are many (hundreds, thousands) types of mold. Many molds excrete substances which can be toxic to various body systems, of which skeletal muscle is one. ...Read more
BELOW: Could be caused by coughing or sneezing but not by just having exposure to mold ...Read more
Varies: This would vary depending on the sensitivity of the person involved with the dose of the exposue being a factor as well. I would expect that removal of all exposure to the black mold as well as providing for elimination of other inciting factors such as dust, dustmites for symptoms to be resolved within 2 to 4 weeks if not sooner. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What's a more efficient text that I can take for the black mold exposure? Thanks you! I'm really sick and trying to get some answers.
Allergy consult: The toxic effects from "black mold"exposure are often exaggerated. A certain percentage of people exposed to it may develop asthma, hay fever, sinus infections recurrent pneumonia and etc. The best treatment is to move out of the place where the black mold has been found until the problem has been fixed. If problem continues, see an allergist who can help you in pinpointing the cause and Rx. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Exposed to mold
- Exposed to mold symptoms
- Remedies for exposed to mold
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Exposed black mold
- What to do if exposed to scabies?
- Exposed to strep throat what to do
- What to do if you are exposed to salmonella?
- What is the best treatment for exposed to mold?