Doctor insights on:
What Is Doxycycline Hyclate Used To Treat
No: Trichomonas responds to metronidazole and to the similar tinidazole. If someone with trichomoniasis is allergic to these medications, one recommendation is for that person to undergo Desensitization Therapy by an Allergist, so that he/she can be treated safely with one of these two antibiotics. ...Read more
Yes for chlamydia: Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for a week is one of the standard recommended treatments for chlamydia, or for the sex partners of men with nongonococcal urethritis (NGU). It is highly effective for these. However, it is not reliable for other STDs like gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomonas, or a viral STD like herpes. If uncertain about these, ask your doctor about other treatments. Good luck! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is doxycycline hyclate used for?
- Doxycycline hyclate used for chlamydia
- Doxycycline hyclate used for acne
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Doxycycline hyclate to treat acne
- Does doxycycline hyclate treat chlamydia?
- Can doxycycline hyclate treat chlamydia?
- Doxycycline used to treat chlamydia
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free