Doctor insights on:
What Is Difference Between Tinea
Common infection: Tinea is a common fungal infection of the skin. It can be transferred from surfaces (showers, floors, towels) or from one place on your skin to another. It is unusual to see this type of skin infection spread throughout a family. It is easily treated in most cases. Other skin conditions can look similar, though, so if it is not responding to treatment, you should see a dermatologist. ...Read more
You need a: prescription antifungal cream for several months.Get a more detailed answer ›
A fungal infection: Tinea versicolor is a fungal infection of the skin that can cause scaling and color changes. It commonly occurs on the chest, shoulders and upper back. The fungus that causes it can be found in many places, including the sweat someone leaves behind on a weight room bench. That is a reason why you may be asked to wipe down equipment after using it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Prescription meds: This generally takes a simple prescription strength medication that most primary care docs can provide. I prescribe one in a lotion form.Contact your doc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What difference is there between nasonex?
- What is the difference between haemosiderosis and haemoschromatosis?
- What is the difference between sea salt and salt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between gatorade accelerade?
- What is the difference between a dietician and nutritionist?
- What is the difference between the cold and flu?
- What is the difference between a frappe and a milkshake?
- What is difference between tinea pedis and tinea cruris?