Doctor insights on:
What Is Difference Between Seasonique And Loseasonique
Same: Both are birth control pills that contain Norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol. Each has a couple od different dosing formulas, both have the 1/35, nortrel has a .5/35 and orthonovum has a triphasic version meaning you get different levels of hormones for each week. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there a prevention difference between TriNessa (norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol) and MonoNessa birth controls? Is there a difference between the generic and namebrand?
Dosages: They both should prevent a pregnancy with the same efficacy. The big difference is that MonoNessa has the same dosage of the norgestimate component all 3 "active pill" weeks, whereas the TriNessa (norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol) has 3 increasing doses each of those 3 weeks which can help some women better control irregular cycles, abnormal bleeding, or PMS symptoms. There should be no difference between generic and name brand. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Trivora: Enpresse & trivora are the same bcp medications. ...Read more
Nothing: They are different brands of the same pill. ...Read more
Birth Control Basics: This is a good over view by Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/birth-control/basics/birth-control-basics/hlv-20049454 ...Read more
Type of Progestin: Both rely on a different synthetic progestin. Implanon is one rod that lasts 3 years and Norplant (levonorgestrel) was 6 rods that lasted 5 years. Both need surgical implantation and need to be surgically removed when they expire. Both can unbalance hormones and cause problems with weight gain etc due to that effect. ...Read more
Biology: Progesterone is either produced in a woman's ovary or synthesized in a lab and is considered "bio-identical". A progestin, as dr eun mentions, is biologically similar but not identical. But don't be fooled by the labels, "natural" and "synthetic". No plant ever produces progesterone! that is identical to a human woman's! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Three hour progestogen only pill femulen micronor norgeston and noriday
- How do i change my pill from yaz to yasmin?
- Is it normal to have my period for more than 2 weeks while on birth control?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Taking microgynon and had implanon what are the effects
- What is difference between dyskaryosis and dysplasia?
- Switching from microgynon to levest problems
- Is it safe to have sex on period while on birth control?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free