Doctor insights on:
What Is Difference Between Myringoplasty And Tympanoplasty
Ear surgery: The difference is limited. A myringoplasty involves a surgery to just the tympanic membrane or ear drum. A tympanoplasty involves examining and inspecting the middle ear bones and fixing the hole in the ear drum. Surgically, a tympanoplasty is technically more difficult because you have to raise up the ear drum from its natural position. With a myringoplasty, you just fix the hole in the drum. ...Read more
Myringoplasty: Depends on how long ago u had the procedure. Consult with the ENT surgeon. ...Read more
Depends: Success rate for tympanoplasty depends on size of perforation (ear drum hole), age at repair (for children), type of procedure used, and type of graft used. The success rate for closing a medium sized hole with a formal tympanoplasty technique with temporalis fascia graft is about 85 to 90%. ...Read more
Complicated.: Need very detailed postop instructions. Your ENT surgeon should provide very detailed written postop instructions. ...Read more
Hidden scars: Depending on the size and location of the ear perforation, the procedure may be performed through the ear canal or with a post-auricular incision. If done through the canal, no one except a doctor will be able to see any incisions (looking at the ear drum). The post auricular incision is hidden in the crease behind the ear, so it is all but invisible. Don't worry about scars from tympanoplasty. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What difference is there between nasonex and flonase?
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the biological difference between vaginal bleeding and your period?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- What is the difference between piles and hemorrhoids?
- What is the difference between a polyp and a hemorrhoid?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online