Doctor insights on:
What Is Difference Between Colonoscopy And Lower Gi
Too sick: If you were too sick for the 2 procedures i.e. Severe end-stage COPD would put you at risk for the sedation or severe blood abnormalities in which case the non-invasiveness of both GI series would make those 2 tests more attractive. Also, sometimes endoscopes are not physically able to be performed due to anatomical variations. Gi aries could get around this problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could front right lower abdominal pain be caused by endometriosos? My GI doesn't think its a GI problem same with my gyno and a colonoscopy was fine.
My husband has been in and out of hospitals he's had a colonoscopy and an upper GI he is vomiting green bile stomach pain lower leftand weight loss ?
Sigmoid removed in 2012 for diverticulitis.Constant pain in lower abdomen since.Ct and colonoscopy normal. Gi says IBS but had for years. Not IBS pain?
Discuss with GI MD: We can not answer without knowing more details of the cause of your sigmoid colon to be removed, the pain may be related to the underlying condition and even with normal cat scan you may need further testing like colonoscopy? So i will suggest you consult your gastroenterologist for your stabbing/dull pain. ...Read more
Hes had upper GI colonoscopy cat scn X rays no diagnosis vomiting green bile left lower stomach pain and weight loss. Doctors dont know what's wrong?
Keep pursuing: Hi. I'm sorry. He sounds sick. The fact that nothing diagnostic has been done yet rules out certain things, which lets the diagnostician consider other causes and what to do next. Something will eventually turn up, or the problem will resolve itself. Good luck to him. ...Read more
63 year-old woman still has continuous mild stomach pain affecting her daily life, despite 3 yrs of medical treatment for gastritis found after.....?
Yes, but...: There are alternatives to the colonoscopy, such at ct colonography, which utilizes a ct scan to look at your colon. However, for GI problems, depending on symptomatology, one might need an upper endoscopy, upper GI study with small bowel follow through, pill endoscopy, or transit time studies. Make sure you are evaluated by your physician who can help you decide which test would be best. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a colonoscopy and a lower gi test?
- What is difference between upper endoscopy and colonoscopy?
- What is the difference between a colonoscopy and sigmoid test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between a colonics and a colonoscopy?
- What is the difference between ileostomy and colonoscopy?
- What is the difference between blood pressure in the upper and lower extremities?
- What is the difference between hysteroscopy and colonoscopy?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free