Doctor insights on:
What Is Difference Between Benadryl And Pseudofed
Medical questions: Benadryl is an antihistamine, good for allergies and to lessen the drainage during an upper respiratory infection. Sudafed is a decongestant, good for helping you breath through a stuffy nose from a cold, bad allergies or sinus problems. Sudafed can also raise blood pressure, and shouldn't be taken on a regular basis. ...Read more
Every 6 hours: It is OK to use both together. Do not use either one more than 4 times in a 24 hour period (every 6 hours). Of course, follow the directions on the box that indicates the number of pills (dosage) to take at one time. Sudafed is a decongestant and benadryl is an antihistamine so they have two different effects. ...Read more
Avoid decongestants: Pseudoephedrine (sudafed) can cause irritability and high blood pressure in children but doesn't seem to actually help with congestion until puberty. Sudafed-pe (phenylephrine) has the same issues but typically is very poorly absorbed into the body. These drugs should never be given to children given the potential harm and lack of benefit. Benadryl should be limited to once a day during a cold. ...Read more
Not sudafed: It is okay to take benadryl while taking Wellbutrin, although a less sedating anti-histamine such as Claritin or Zyrtec might be a better choice. Sudafed can result in increased heart rate and/or blood pressure, and these effects may be worsened while taking Wellbutrin. Try taking guafenesin in the form of Robitussin or Mucinex, it is very safe and may be very helpful for your congestion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I took my nasonex and my sudafed yesterday and felt fine all day, Benadryl last night. I took my nasonex and sudafed today and feel off and tired?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What difference is there between nasonex and flonase?
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the biological difference between vaginal bleeding and your period?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- What is the difference between piles and hemorrhoids?
- What is the difference between a polyp and a hemorrhoid?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free