Doctor insights on:
What Is Cramp And What Causes It
Lactic acid: The muscle contracts and spasms.Get a more detailed answer ›
Cramps Cause?: Any tubular structure in the body response with pain to pressure causing distention if the tubular structure is the intestine for example the pressure is exerted by contraction of the wall as in gas pains. Similarly when the uterine muscle contracts there is cramping. Varicose veins are painful as they are forced to distend. Uterine cramps at menses can be relieved by ibuprofen. ...Read more
Muscle fatigue : Muscles cramp when they fatigued. This often happens when your feet are not properly supported, causing them to be overworked. Switching to properly supportive shoe gear should help. If not, see a podiatrist to discuss custom biomechanical orthotics. Also, stay well-hydrated and consider electrolyte replacement if you are exercising. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the cause of cramping?
- What causes intestinal cramping?
- What causes calves to cramp?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is cause of a cramping stomarch?
- What causes cramping after ovulation?
- What causes cramp in feet and legs?
- What causes cramp in the legs at night?
- Causes of abdominal cramping