Doctor insights on:
What Is Cortisporin Otic Used For
Probably so: Cortisporin is a combination of a steroid and a topical antibiotic. The steroid is probably the component that is doing the most for your reaction. I would avoid the topical antibiotic unless there is truly a bacterial infection that needs to be treated. The antibiotic portion carries the risk of an allergic reaction and can confound the clinical picture. ...Read more
ENT put peroxide in ear in the a.m. and then I put cortisporin in ear at 10:00 p.m. Ear hurts quite a bit. Bad combination?
Underlying condition: There is undoubtedly some underlying condition present causing your pain. Presumably a swimmers ear, which is the reason an ent would use cortisporin in the first place? What did she say to use for pain? Are you using the drops as prescribed? Do you have an ear tube in place? Check with the prescribing ent about pain management and regimen for drops. ...Read more
ear pain, ENT put peroxide in it this morning and I instilled cortisporin in it tonight for infection. Is this a combination to be concerned about?
Should be fine: The peroxide was, likely, to help remove ear wax, though it can, also, be used to kill germs. The cortisporin is for infection and/or inflammation. So, cortisporin should help if there is an infection like swimmer ear (AKA Otis externa) in two ways: 1) kills germs, 2) makes it less red and painful. I wouldn't put both peroxide and cortisporin in your ear at the same time, but hours apart is fine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is lidocaine hydrochloride jelly usp 2 used for?
- What is desonide cream used for?
- What is the ana ifa screen with refl titer ana screen ifa used for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is lidocaine ointment usp 5 used for?
- What is desoximetasone cream used for?
- What is lotrisone cream usually used for?
- What is levofloxacin 500 mg used for?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free