Doctor insights on:
What Is Considered To Be Too High Of A Fever In A Child
More than 103: It is more common for children to have higher tempt when they are sick comparing to adults. When tempt is too high....It can induce seizure etc....Thus it is important to keep it under control...Depending on the age of your child, tylenol/motrin can be used to help. Also, cool compresses i.E a cool towel on the forehead areas, cool sponge baths etc... You shoul consult for doc.. ...Read more
What does it mean if your child has very green diaria, he has been sick for the past 5 days with high fever.?
Can you please describe the effects (when you become an adult) of having had a high fever when you are a child?
Nothing specific: Decades ago it was common to attribute learning difficulties or deafness to high fever in childhood.As research on kids has progressed, most deafness has been linked to other causes and learning difficulties linked to inherited factors. Meningitis or encephalitis, with or without high fever did have complications.Most kids with high fever grow up with no long term effects. ...Read more
More info: How high is the temperature and how did you take it? How old is the child, are they in day care or otherwise exposed, who else in family is ill. If the fever is less than 104 f, the child is alert and without other symptoms would make them comfortable, keep them well hydrated and wait things out. If new symptoms develop email us back and will try to help. Hope they are better soon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is too high of a fever for a child?
- What is considered to be a high bilirubin level?
- What is considered to be a very high sedimentation rate?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is considered a high level of protein in urine?
- What is the minimum number of weeks a workout plan should be to achieve gains in fitness?
- What is considered a high fever in children?
- What tsh level is considered to be a sign of hypothyroidism?
- Talk to a pediatrician online