Doctor insights on:
What Is Coarctation Of The Aorta And How Is It Treated
Narrowing: It is narrowing of the aorta (largest artery in the body). It is classified by severity (size of narrowing and pressure difference across it) as well as location (relative to the head-and-neck vessels). It generally requires either a surgical or catheterization procedure to relieve the narrowed segment and allow normal blood flow. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Co arctation of aort: Read this: http://www.Mayoclinic.Org/diseases-conditions/coarctation-of-the-aorta/basics/definition/con-20031772.Get a more detailed answer ›
Narrow artery/surger: By definition coarctation of the aorta is a abnormality of vascular embryology. At birth flow is adequate for the limited activity i the new born and early toddler years, but as children age, their growing bodies and activity out grows the narrowed aorta's ability to supply enough blood fast enough to keep up. Once identified the narrowing is corrected surgically with a bypass procedure. ...Read more
Not in isolation: Coarctation only causes cyanosis when it is associated with other heart disease that allows blue blood to cross over to the red blood side. Cyanosis occurs in two situations: 1. When blue blood gets to the red blood side ("right-to-left shunting) or 2. When blood is not fully oxygenated in the lungs ("pulmonary venous desaturation"). ...Read more
Coarctation of aorta: Coarctation of the aorta is a narrowing of the aorta, so if the narrowing is below the 1st or 2nd intercostal artery then likely those arteries would not be affected. Also there is a good collateral circulation along the spinal cord which helps to protect the circulation. ...Read more
I have had vsd repair and coarctation of aorta am i more susceptible for heart attack. Warning signs? How to tell if its a heart attack or anxiety?
Possibly: Patients with coarctation are, unfortunately, at greater risk of coronary artery disease. The reason is not well understood, but there is good evidence to support this. Please discuss the warning signs with your doctor; but they include severe chest pain, palpitations, arm pain, sweating, fainting, difficulty breathing. Please seek medical attention immediately if you are concerned. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How effective are spider vein treatments? What is the average cost? I have had vsd and coarctation of aorta repair as a baby as well.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are symptoms of advanced osteoarthritis in the neck and how is it treated?
- While what is the cause of my bulging neck vein when angry and how can i hide it
- What is the reason for low diastolic pressure and how can it be treated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the process of an endometrial biopsy and how does it feel?
- What is the drug of choise for pid and for how long and the dose of it plz?
- How common is it for somebody to get coarctation of the aorta?
- What time of the month is it best to have unprotected sex and not be pregnant?
- Talk to a cardiologist online