Doctor insights on:
What Is Clonidine Used To Treat
Yes to both.: Clonidine is an old medication used initially to lower high blood pressure. It also is helpful in reducing motor and vocal tics and recently was fda endorsed for treating adhd--something for which clinicians have routinely been using it for well over 20 years. The form the fda approved is called kapvay, a twice-a-day sustained-release version. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Currently on Bupropion 200mg + Prozac 40mg. Is adding Clonidine (to treat anxiety + slightly high blood pressure) a good idea?
Old test: Previous to MRI and good chemical test to measure catecholamine levels, the Clonidine suppression test was done to look for a rare tumor called pheochomocytoma. Pheochromocytomas release catecholamines like Epinephrine that raise heart rate and bp. The Clonidine test blood levels of catecholamines measured before and after giving clonidine. If there was no change, that was positive for pheo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is ampiclox used to treat?
- What is symbicort used to treat?
- What is pristiq used to treat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is dexilant used to treat?
- What is used to treat lupus?
- What is coumadin used to treat?
- What is used to treat bronchitis?
- Talk to a cardiologist online