Doctor insights on:
What Is Cirrhosis Caused By
Most common alcohol: Most common cause of cirrhosis is alcohol. Other causes included virsus such as hepatitis. There is also non alcoholic casuse aka nash. Other causes include billiary cirrhosis where bile backs up in the liver. Overall the liver eventually becomes fibrotic and no longer functions. This in itself leads to many other problems. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Alcohol & viruses: Alcohol abuse, infection with hepatitis viruses b and c and more recently, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (associated with obesity) are the common causes. Others being biliary obstruction, primary biliary cirrhosis, schistosomiasis, hemochromatosis, Alpha 1 anti-trypsin deficiency and wilson disease etc. ...Read more
Many other things: World-wide, hepatitis B is the most common cause, and in the US hepatitis C is now the most common. Primary biliary cirrhosis, autoimmune hepatitis, Wilson's disease and alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency are other causes of cirrhosis which are somewhat more rare, and in some cases, no cause can be found (cryptogenic cirrhosis). Many can be treated, and now some can be prevented with medication. ...Read more
Fluid in abdomen (uterus enlarged (15/40), deep dyspareunia) waiting for vaginal ultrascan. What other than cirrhosis & cancer causes ascities?
Many causes: The top 2 causes are viral (hepatitis C) or alcohol related,. Other causes include, metabolic, genetic, and autoimmune causes. Please see a liver doctor who can test you for the different causes and manage your symptoms. Fatty liver disease is becoming more prevalent and can lead to cirrhosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is pulsatile tinnitus caused by a bruit in the carotid systems?
- What is pulmonary hemorrhage in adults caused by lung cancer?
- What is angular cheilitis caused by in kids and in adults?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best way to treat dizziness caused by tmj?
- What is the best way to get rid of the dark skin caused by lichen amyloidosis?
- What is pityriasis rosea caused by?
- What is respiratory depression caused by drugs?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free