Doctor insights on:
What Is Chlortrimeton And Is It Over The Counter
Is it ok to continue taking metformin even if i don't have polycystic ovaries anymore? Is it true it counters the effect of OTC pills (weight gain)
Yes, but...: ...The combination will likely make you very sleepy. If you are needing 2 medications that are essentially the same to be able to control your symptoms, you should instead talk to your doctor to try other safer alternatives. ...Read more
Effective: Chlor-trimeton is the brand name for chlorpheneramine. This is a very effective anti-allergic pill. Its one side effect is sleepiness which varies from one person to another. It is equally, maybe more effective than the prescription, branded types which only have the advantage of causing less sleepiness. ...Read more
It is an allergy med: Like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) Chlor-Trimeton (chlorpheniramine maleate) is a 1st-generation antihistamine that is effective for the treatment of allergic rhinitis and hives. It causes drowsiness less frequently than Benadryl more more than Claritin (loratadine) or zyrtec. Its effects only last for 3-5 hours. Other side-effects include dry mouth & constipation. Men with prostate problems should be wary of it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the strongest painkiller over-the-counter?
- What over-the-counter medicines are safe?
- What is a good diuretic over-the-counter?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best over-the-counter antiemetic?
- What is the strongest over-the-counter sleep aid?
- What good for sinus over counter medicine?
- What to take for yeast infection over-the-counter?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free