Doctor insights on:
What Is Cervical Leukoplakia
White patches: Although your question refers to a gynecological condition of white patches on the cervix of the uterus, it should be mentioned that there is also oral leukoplakia, which shows as white patches on or under the tongue, or inside cheeks or lips. This can result from tobacco chewing or smoking, alcohol or some mouth rinses. It could become cancerous and should be evaluated by a dentist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is leukoplakia of the cervix a transmitted disease of some sort. How does one get leukoplakia of the cervix?
Leukoplakia: Leukoplakia is just a whitish patch on the cervix visible the the eye. It can be caused by various things such as rubbing from a device in the vagina or from a viral infection with hpv. So yes, it can be sometimes caused by a transmitted disease but often it's not. A biopsy is the only way to be sure what is the cause. If pap smear is abnormal, this is the best way to figure it out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is about leukoplakia(or ain) in perianal zone which i was diagnosed after biopsy. Is surgery the only option even though the "white area" is small?
Oral Leukoplakia: White, thick patches on the oral mucosa due to hyperkeratosis of the epithelium, producing favorable conditions for development of epidermoid carcinoma; often occurring on the cheeks (l. Bucca´lis), gums, or tongue http://medical-dictionary.Thefreedictionary.Com/leukoplakia%2c+oral. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between cervical leukoplakia and cervical leukoplasia?
- What happens if my cervical cancer is left untreated?
- What is the best treatment for cervical laceration?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the thecal sac in the cervical spine?
- What is the relationship between plantar warts on the feet and cervical cancer?
- At what stage of ovulation is cervical mucus thick and a little chuncky
- What exactly is cervical spine cancer?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online