Doctor insights on:
What Is Cardiovascular Disease
Heart disease is a condition in which a person has problems within his or her vascular system and heart, which includes both congenital birth defects and problems acquired later. Examples of heart disease include clogging (atherosclerosis) of the coronary (heart) arteries, heart attacks (obstructions of the arteries), damaged heart valves, heart muscle failure, and viral infections of the heart. Some major causes of heart disease include genetics, smoking, hypertension, high ...Read more
Much diverse disease: By definition, cardiovascular disease implies abnormal & dysfunctional processes involving the heart itself or blood vessels including arteries & veins. These can be congenital, genetic, or acquired, the latter from lifestyle choices. Infectious or traumatic causes, even bystander injury from other primary diseases can be present. The nature & location of the process affects symptoms & outcomes. ...Read more
Cardiac diseases: Diseases of the heart such as its vessels, valves, heart muscle and it's coverings, it's electrical system as well as diseases of the vessels such as aorta, pulmonary artery to name a few. Pediatric cardiology applies to inborn heart diseases and problems unique to babies and children. ...Read more
Atherosclerosis: Accounts for many of he adult entities congenital defects-holes, valvular, anomalies, murmurs acquired defects, valve by infection, coronary deshas. Then allen peripheral items: carotids, at ice peripheral, and venous it is a large conglomerate of items. Most by good choices: nonsmoking regular exercise diet and monitoring with pcp. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Congenital heart: Diseases and while there many this is uncommon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a cardiovascular disease?
- What are the effects of cardiovascular disease?
- What are the signs and symptoms of cardiovascular disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does cardiovascular disease include?
- What are the main causes of cardiovascular disease?
- At what age does cardiovascular disease begin
- What are the six main risk factors for cardiovascular disease?
- Talk to a cardiologist online