Doctor insights on:
What Is Cardiac Output Influenced By
Multiple things: Cardiac output is the product of heart rate in stroke volume. Thus, an increase in heart rate results in an increase in cardiac output. Stroke volume can be affected by changes in preload, afterload, and contractility (strength of contraction). Preload is "priming the pump". Afterload is the resistance to ejection during systole (contraction). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Related but not the : Same. Co is a mathematical calculation of the amount of blood pump by the left ventricle of your heart in one minute ( stroke volume x hr ). The ejection fraction is a measurement of the percentage of blood leaving your left ventricle every time contract. Can be measure by 2d echocardiogram, cardiac catheterization, nuclear scan, mri. Hope it help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cardiac output: Basically an increase in demand for oxygen by the body. This may be physiological (exercise) or pathological (sepsis - infection - fever) or increased metabolism (hyper active thyroid gland - hyperthyroidism) or abnormal conducts (shunting of blood). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Low blood pressure: Cardiac output is related to the heart rate, and volume of blood the heart can pump with each heart beat. A low cardiac output occurs when the pump function of the heart is compromised by an event such as a heart attack or when the blood volume is reduced by and event such as dehydration, or bleeding. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are factors that influence the cardiac output?
- What are the components of cardiac output?
- What are the causes of high cardiac output?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are signs of high cardiac output?
- What are the factors that affect cardiac output?
- Cardiac output
- What factors in the body affect the cardiac output?
- Talk to a cardiologist online