Doctor insights on:
What Is Bleeding In The Brain
Hematoma: Blood can accumulate between the inside layer of the skull and the outside layer of the brain. This is a subdural or epidural hematoma depending on where it is located in the space between the brain and the skull. If large enough, these bleeds will press on the brain and will need a neurosurgeon to remove them in the operating room to prevent brain damage or death. Is that straight enough? ...Read more
High blood pressure: Most commonly high blood pressure (hypertension), which puts a toll on small brain blood vessels which can rupture and bleed, usually at older age. Other causes include brain aneurysms, vascular malformations, tumors, head injury, amyloid angiopathy, use of stimulants including street drugs, medications such as blood thinners, brain surgery, cerebral venous thrombosis etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bleeding in brain: Bleeding in the brain from a ruptured aneurysm, trauma, hypertensiou or intrusion can cause spasm of blood vessels cutting off blood to parts of the brain. It is often associated with brain swelling or an increase in intracranial pressure which can cause pressure on structures that control breathing and heart beat. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for vaginal bleeding in newborn?
- I need a straight answer what is bleeding outside of the brain
- Is bleeding in the brain fatal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes internal bleeding in the brain?
- What is the cause of blood clots in the brain?
- What is the best treatment for bleeding in the back of the eye?
- What is a cavernoma in the brain?
- Talk to a neurologist online