Doctor insights on:
What Is Better For Gouts Celebrex Or Meloxicam
Similar: Both are inhibitors of the enzyme cyclooxygenase (cox). There are two forms of this enzyme. Celebrex is considered active against "cox2 only" and Mobic (meloxicam) is considered active against "mostly cox2." this may make them gentler on the stomach than traditional medications like ibuprofen, naproxen, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends.: Celebrex, or celecoxib, las a lower risk of bleeding from the gut, but also is the only NSAID that does not block the effect of low dose Aspirin used to prevent heart disease or stroke. Meloxicam blocks aspirins effect, as do all other drugs like Naproxen (aleve), and Ibuprofen (motrin). Unfortunately, Celebrex remains on patent and is much more expensive. For most, Meloxicam is a good choice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can't get Celebrex (celecoxib). Health Care District here prescribes generics. Got Meloxicam instead. Need clarification on what happens at 15mg as opposed to 7.5?
What is a good alternative to the crazy side effects of mobic (meloxicam) and celebrex for my inflammation in my joints?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is better for osteoarthritis celebrex or meloxicam?
- What is better for arthritis celecoxib or meloxicam?
- Meloxicam for gout
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Eloxicam or celebrex which is better
- Which is higher than average celebrex or meloxicam
- What is meloxicam 15mg?
- What are the side effects of celebrex?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free