Doctor insights on:
What Is Best Over The Counter Treatment For Bartholin Abscess
Abscess is a condition in which a person has an infection in a part of his body, and the infection is being surrounded and fought off by his white blood cells, causing a lump of purulent whitish thick material (pus) where the infection is. Abscesses can be very small like an acne pustule, or they can be ...Read more
I have a Bartholin Abscess the size of a golf ball which is causing me extreme pain sitting and walking should I go to outpatients to have it treated?
Yes: Bartholin glands are normal, but when one becomes blocked and forms a large painful cyst this will usually keep coming back unless it is removed. If it becomes infected (abscess), that complicates things further because it tends to worsen and makes removal more difficult. At home, there's no curative treatment, but warm compresses may help until you can be seen. Do be seen by primary care or GYN. ...Read more
Depends: Bartholin abscess is usually incised and drained at first diagnosis. Recurrence in less than 6 months usually leads to marsupialization procedure. New or recurrent symptoms in the bartholin gland after age 40 usually will lead to consideration of removal of the gland, due to increased risk for cancer. ...Read more
I had bartholin abscess twice,the last one was 2yrs ago.This time I had a vulvar abscess growth close to my bladder 5 days ago. Why having this?
Recurrent infection: Sometimes some women get recurrent pubic infections that require chronic suppression with hormonal control or antibiotics. It would be worthwhile to discuss that with a doctor and see if you have a condition called hidradenitis suppurativa. Avoid shaving because that can irritate that skin. Also make sure you don't have diabetes or anything affecting your immunity predisposing you to infection. ...Read more
Any over-the-counter medication for Bartholin's cyst ? I have no insurance and no money to visit doctors that often :( thank you so much
Not really: You can try a sitz bath to see if it allows the cyst to drain. http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/Search_HCC.aspx IF you go to a federally qualified health care facility using this website, you can be seen and usually get cheap care based on your income. This is called a sliding scale. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- What is the best treatment for severely dry skin over-the-counter lotion?
- What is the best over-the-counter treatment for eczema on the face?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best over-the-counter body wash for oily skin and body acne?
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for sore throat and sinus?
- What is the best over-the-counter subsitute for lovaza?
- What is the best treatment for dark spots that fade over time?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free