Doctor insights on:
What Is Best Over The Counter Treatment For Bartholin Abscess
Treatment time: For most abscesses, treatment is faster with drainage vs just taking an antibiotic. And, often, drainage is the only treatment that is needed. However, many physicians will use both approaches to try to clear an abscess. ...Read more
Abscess is a condition in which a person has an infection in a part of his body, and the infection is being surrounded and fought off by his white blood cells, causing a lump of purulent whitish thick material (pus) where the infection is. Abscesses can be very small like an acne pustule, or they can be ...Read more
Depends: Bartholin abscess is usually incised and drained at first diagnosis. Recurrence in less than 6 months usually leads to marsupialization procedure. New or recurrent symptoms in the bartholin gland after age 40 usually will lead to consideration of removal of the gland, due to increased risk for cancer. ...Read more
Bartholin cyst, 3 in. Mass but never painful, managed with home treatment. Could sexual intercourse cause discomfort despite no infection / abscess?
See 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- What is the best treatment for severely dry skin over-the-counter lotion?
- What is the best over-the-counter treatment for eczema on the face?
- What is the best over-the-counter medications for bronchitis?
- What is the best over-the-counter body wash for oily skin and body acne?
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for sore throat and sinus?
- What is the best over-the-counter subsitute for lovaza?
- What is the best treatment for dark spots that fade over time?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free