Doctor insights on:
What Is Best Over The Counter Treatment For Bartholin Abscess
Abscess is a condition in which a person has an infection in a part of his body, and the infection is being surrounded and fought off by his white blood cells, causing a lump of purulent whitish thick material (pus) where the infection is. Abscesses can be very small like an acne pustule, or they can be ...Read more
Depends: Bartholin abscess is usually incised and drained at first diagnosis. Recurrence in less than 6 months usually leads to marsupialization procedure. New or recurrent symptoms in the bartholin gland after age 40 usually will lead to consideration of removal of the gland, due to increased risk for cancer. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I had bartholin abscess twice,the last one was 2yrs ago.This time I had a vulvar abscess growth close to my bladder 5 days ago. Why having this?
Recurrent infection: Sometimes some women get recurrent pubic infections that require chronic suppression with hormonal control or antibiotics. It would be worthwhile to discuss that with a doctor and see if you have a condition called hidradenitis suppurativa. Avoid shaving because that can irritate that skin. Also make sure you don't have diabetes or anything affecting your immunity predisposing you to infection. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Bartholin cyst, 3 in. Mass but never painful, managed with home treatment. Could sexual intercourse cause discomfort despite no infection / abscess?
Does Bartholin cyst just go away in time ?? Does abscesses go away in time?? Can I put it cold compress ??
Warm compresses: Warm compresses are better than cold to help the cyst drain. Bartholin's gland cysts sometimes go away on their own but sometimes they have to be surgically drained and packed in order to heal up. Any abscess that does not drain fully may need to be surgically opened and drained to resolve. If it is not resolving with warm soaks and compresses see a doctor. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- What is the best treatment for severely dry skin over-the-counter lotion?
- What is the best over-the-counter treatment for eczema on the face?
- What is the best over-the-counter medications for bronchitis?
- What is the best over-the-counter body wash for oily skin and body acne?
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for sore throat and sinus?
- What is the best over-the-counter subsitute for lovaza?
- What is the best treatment for dark spots that fade over time?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free