Doctor insights on:
What Is Best Method To Get Rid Of Female Facial Hair
Probably laser, but: Hirsutism refers to an excess of facial hair in females. I am an internist, not a dermatologist or plastics. So, i would first make sure there is no underlying endocrine disorder such as polycystic ovary syndrome, hormonal imbalance...However, i'll presume the extra facial hair is simply genetic. Waxing it off is painful and lasts few weeks. Several laser or electrolysis rx's permanent, also $$$. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Electrolysis: Other than laser hair removal, electrolysis is a good option for female facial, especially in the areas above the orbital rims, like the unibrow, where you shouldn't laser anyway. Electrolysis also works regardless of hair color, unlike laser where very blond or white hairs cannot be treated. ...Read more
What is best way to get rid of facial hair ? And to keep facial hair away from growing back for long periods of time
Medications: Because a hair follicle has a 4-6 month life span-you must be patient. Generally, we want to lower circulating androgens using birth control pills or in severe forms-lupron a gnrh-agonist. At the level of the hair follicle, we prevent the androgen from binding using spironolactone and-or androgens from being converted to the most potent androgen-dihydrotestesterone using flutamide. Be patient! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I am brunette and constantly battling unwanted facial hair on my upper lip and chin. What is the best way to get rid of it permanently?
Laser,electrolysis: Long term removal of hair is offered by lasers appropriate for your skin color- alexandrite for lighter skin and nd yag or diode for darker skin types. Electrolyis is another time consuming uncomfortable option but better for light hair such as grey blond or ven red hair. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Laser hair removal: Laser hair removal is highly effective and can permanently remove unwanted hairs. Gray or blonde hairs do not respond as well as brown or black hairs. Make sure you are seeing a well trained and experienced technician associated with a knowledgeable physician. www.asc-psd.com ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best way to get rid of unwanted facial hair when dealing with pcos?
- What is recommended to get rid of ingrown hair folicles of the vaginal area?
- What is the best way to get rid of chest congestion in 10 month old baby?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best way to get rid of a ingrown toenail?
- What is the best lotion to use to get rid of scar tissue?
- What is the best way to get rid of hand warts fast and without pain?
- What is the best thing to get rid of scars on my leg?
- Talk to a dermatologist online