Doctor insights on:
What Is Best Medical Treatment For Tonsillitis
Antibiotics: I am a huge fan of an antibiotic called clindamycin. Tonsillitis usually involves mouth organisms either primarily or secondarily. Clindamycin is very effective against mouth bacteria whereas a lot of other antibiotics aren't. I'm aggressive with tonsil infections treating with antibiotics even with a viral cause. This is because bacterial superinfection occurs as the virus weakens the tonsil. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Choice of therapy depends upon the etiology of the tonsillar inflammation. Often due to grp a beta-hemolytic strep, but can be due to staph aureus or other bacterial pathogens. If due to infectious mononucleosis or similar viral infections there is no treatment. Many doctors will begin with a physical exam. It it looks bacterial then an oral cephalosporin, quinolone, amoxicillin/clavulanate. ...Read more
My 14 months old son has had tonsillitis three times in the last six months. What is the best treatment. ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is best treatment for follicular tonsillitis?
- Best medical treatment in the world
- What can i do to speed recovery of tonsillitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment of eczima?
- What is the best treatment for laryngitis?
- What is the best treatment for bronchitis?
- What is the best treatment for burns?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free