Doctor insights on:
What Is Bactroban Cream Used To Treat
Whats the difference between bactroban ointment and cream? Is one less effective? Can you not use one in your nose? My pharmacist said he wanted to talk to me about the difference but wasn't there when I got them. Using it to treat face/nose staph.
Yes, safe: Safe to use, wouldn't use for too much longer though as it risks being ineffective. ...Read more
NO: Bactroban (mupirocin) is an antibiotic ointment used specifically to treat one kind of bacteria that can be present. Using it risks killing of one kind and letting the others grow rampantly and also the risk of allergic reactions. Antibiotics of any kind should only be used when there is absolute and unquestionable infections caused by a bacteria. Remember, viruses do not get treated with antibiotics. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is bactroban cream used for?
- What is cloderm cream used to treat?
- Can bactroban cream be used to heal a diaper rash?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Triamcinolone acetonide cream used to treat
- What is emollient cream used for?
- What is retinol a cream used for?
- What is lidocaine cream used for?
- Talk to a dermatologist online