Doctor insights on:
What Is Bactroban Cream Used For
NO: Bactroban is an antibiotic ointment used specifically to treat one kind of bacteria that can be present. Using it risks killing of one kind and letting the others grow rampantly and also the risk of allergic reactions. Antibiotics of any kind should only be used when there is absolute and unquestionable infections caused by a bacteria. Remember, viruses do not get treated with antibiotics. ...Read more
Used bactroban cream on infected insect bites, all healed but left with whiter skin where i used the cream because have tanned legs, will it even out?
Should resolve : While I am strongly opposed to tanning since it damages your skin, the white spots developed because of the problem you had on your skin beforehand. This is called post inflammatory hypopigmentation and will resolve with time if you wear sunscreen on your legs tell your legs are not so tan it will make the spots less noticeable till they resolve. ...Read more
Can I use bactroban/mupirocin nasal ointment on SKIN wounds? Are the ingridients of the skin cream and nasal ointment the same?
Don't see any harm: Don't see any harm in trying to use the same cream...as long as wound is small and without any complications ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is desonide cream used for?
- What is desoximetasone cream used for?
- What is lotrisone cream usually used for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is zinc and castor oil cream used for?
- What is dermovate cream used for?
- What is fougera cream used for?
- What is foban cream used for?
- Talk to a dermatologist online