Doctor insights on:
What Is Average Blood Sugar Level
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
• I am diabetic since 5 years,for the last 5 years my fasting blood glucose in between 125-134 mg/dL and my blood sugar level two hours after eati?
No specific question: The fasting blood sugar results you are providing do indeed point to diabetes. Are you under the care of a physician and being treated for the diabetes? If you are on medication I would advise that you follow up with your physician to discuss your results. Heed the lifestyle advice that your doctor gives you, changing your diet and exercising will greatly affect you long term outcome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Great: Good level especially if you feel well. ...Read more
It depends pre/post: It depends what time the blood sugar is taken.If it is taken pre meal at least 8 hours after your last meal than it is little high, but if it is after meal than it is ok.You should check blood sugar after overnight fasting first thing in the morning and 2 hours after a meal. ...Read more
Fasting blood sugar level is 6.3. The 3 month average test is normal. Does this mean I am pre diabetic?
Fasting blood sugar level is 6.3. The 3 month average test is normal. Does this mean I am pre diabetic? And if so is pre diabetic reversable?
No: If interested have GTT done, get C- Peptide checked. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Average blood sugar level for children
- What is the blood sugar level?
- What is high for blood sugar level?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a healthy level of blood sugar?
- What is a good level for blood sugar?
- What increases blood sugar levels?
- What is the normal sugar level in blood?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free