Doctor insights on:
What Is Avelox Used For
Usually in 2-3 days: Avelox has a half-life of about 12 hours (taken orally, 15hrs in IV form)--this means in 12 hours, 1/2 of what you took into your body is gone. In another 12hours, 1/4 left, at 36hours, 1/8 isl left etc..So for for the typical course of about 10 days therapy, most of the Cipro is out of your system in about 2-3 days following your last dose--very cool biochemistry. Have fun learning. Good luck. ...Read more
OTC Meds as well: Abx, help fight the infection, but sometimes doesn't make one feel better right away. I have my patients also use mucinex to loosen the mucus as well as saltwater rinse. This combination works well for my sinus patients along with the antibiotic. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sinus Infection: Most patients get "better" by the 3rd - 5th day after starting avelox. But, if the sinuses are still clogged up, the pressure may persist. This assumes most of the symptoms are due to the presence of a bacterial infection. Add an oral decongestant, or best add afrin, 2 puffs / 2 - 3 times per day, for up to three days. Afrin is addicting, if used longer than a few days. Don't continue the use. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can i attend a party for very young children and I have been on avelox for four days and it was presribed for five days?
Enjoy: No problems. Go to the party and have fun. ...Read more
To know how long do the side effects last after you finish your meds this from taking avelox or could it be something else?
Avelox: The half life of Avelox is 12.7 hours. It takes 5 half lives to clear the medication from your body. Thus, in 63.5 hours 99.9% of Avelox is out of your system. The side effects should resolve after 63.5 hours. ...Read more
Just started taking avelox monday little after that i am getting spasms in lower abd only when i lie down i do not think im preg. Any suggesions?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the prescription drug avelox used for?
- What is amox clav 875 mg used for?
- What is lidocaine hydrochloride jelly usp 2 used for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the ana ifa screen with refl titer ana screen ifa used for?
- Paronychia what is the antibiotic most often used for treatment
- What is lidocaine ointment usp 5 used for?
- What is desoximetasone cream used for?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online