Doctor insights on:
What Is An Ovulation
More than one egg: In normal human females, one or much less frequently two follicles release eggs that could be fertilized and produce pregnancy. The older a woman gets, the more likely she is to have multiple ovulation. It is much less likely to ovulate three follicles or more. This though explains the spontaneous occurrence of twins and triplets. ...Read more
An egg is released: There is a chemical released from the brain LH which triggers the release of a mature egg from the ovary about 24 hours later. Over the counter ovulation predictor kit measure the LH which predicts the window of fertility. The area of release on the ovary then begins to may Progesterone in order to thicken the lining of the uterus. The area on the ovary. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What ovulation?
- What days during ovulation?
- What day in the cycle is ovulation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is ovulation period in women?
- What's a ovulation test
- What are the signs of ovulation period?
- What is the ovulation cycle?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free